Sunday, January 4, 2015

Introducing 2015 Photo Challenge: Sunday Sojourns!

My favorite photography challenge friends, Molly and Cyrena, and I decided that our common thread for our challenge for 2015 would be Sundays. From there, we would each choose another theme for our own part of the challenge. And as you can read in the title, I chose Sunday Sojourns.

According to Google, sojourn = a temporary stay, visit, stopover or vacation.

As many of you know, I am usually on the go…. whether traveling for work, visiting family and friends or taking big trips overseas - I'm rarely in one spot for more than a couple of weeks.

I thought it would be appropriate to highlight what Sunday means in these different destinations. This could mean seeing new things, highlighting the work that I do, participating in Sunday traditions with family and friends, and much more!

I start this week in Ridgewood, NJ - the home town of my brother and sister-in-law. After much holiday celebrating including elaborate meals and indulging to the fullest - we decided to ask my sister to make her famous sauce for a good old traditional Sunday dinner of pasta with gravy.

My picture this week features my sister, Christine - the chef (right) and my sister-in-law, Liz (left) with groceries in hand on our way home from the store. The church in the background, giving you the essence of the very day - Sunday. (Oh, and the meal was delicious, as expected - but more than anything, the company was the best!)




0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP