Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chicago Blizzard

What a storm! For the first time in my life, I experienced thunder snow... really wild! I had to go out and get some shots while the snow was fresh this morning... Here's just a few to give you a taste of what Chicago and Lake Michigan look like after the blizzard!

 Just out ahead is Lake Michigan...

 The snow drifts were taller than me... some probably close to 8 feet tall!



The wind is still fierce! This is the result of a lot of blowing snow!

Drift and Light at the End of the Tunnel!

3 comments:

Stine February 2, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

Sarah, these pictures are amazing! So beautiful despite how much I HATE snow!

patty February 3, 2011 at 1:18 PM  

Amazing snow drifts! I've never seen anything like that. Thanks for sharing.

Cassie February 3, 2011 at 2:58 PM  

Thunder snow is the coolest! What awesome shots!

Labels

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP