Sunday, September 11, 2011

Life is So Very Very Precious.

I've seen a lot of sentiments regarding the anniversary of this fateful day. Everyone has a story and can recall all the moments that went along with the events of 9/11. 
I can remember it like it was yesterday... those initial moments sitting in my office on 23rd Street - denying that it was happening (I couldn't look out the window and look at the crumbling), fearing what was going to happen next, anxious to get in contact with friends and family and them, trying to get in touch with me and feeling just devastated. 
And then there was the aftermath.... walking through the streets of what felt like a ghost town - white soot everywhere, trapped in Manhattan, understanding what had happened and just feeling sad.
But as always with something so horrible, there are life lessons. For me there were many, but there is one that changed how I approach life starting 10 years ago and that is this:
~ Life is so very very precious. Enjoy it to the fullest every day - whatever that means to you - with family and friends, traveling the world, doing fulfilling work and/or giving to someone  in need.~
I will never forget that day and the days after it. The many people who lost friends and family and the brave souls that would give so much to those in need that they lost their lives. They all have my utmost respect and have reminded me that life is so very very precious. 

This picture was taken in Jersey City months or maybe years after 9/11/01. I don't quite remember when I took it and because it is film (not digital) I can't track it. What I do remember is the feeling I had in looking at this skyline and the memorial in the front (which happens to be a remnant from WTC) and that was that life was different after that fateful day.

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP