Saturday, August 13, 2011

Courage.

Life is full of challenges and we all have had moments where we've had to stir up courage to deal with them.
I continue to be amazed by the courage that many have embodied when faced with the diagnosis of cancer. I can't imagine how that feels.
In particular, I am amazed by my sister-in-law, Tricia, who heard those dreaded words over seven years ago. Her courage through the battle has been like nothing I have ever seen... having so much faith - she is an example of who I think we should all be in life in general. She lives healthily now and we are all so thankful for that!
So, I am honoring Tricia's courage by participating in two Susan G Komen 3-Day for the Cures (DC and AZ). I have committed to raising $4,600 and am hoping you can help! Please consider donating $120 - $1 for each mile that I will walk in DC and AZ. But please know that any amount counts! Click here to donate today.
I appreciate you honoring all of the courage that many conjure up in dealing with this horrible disease.

Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure Survivor Flag.

Tricia and I - Upon completion of the 2006 Philly 3-Day. We will walk each step together with my Aunt Janet in DC this year.

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP