Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Sunrise

I actually took this picture yesterday while attending an event in Ft. Lauderdale. It was only 6:35am and the warmth of the sun was eminent. Such strength... such beauty. 
As I downloaded this picture back in chilly Chicago this morning, I was reminded of the warmth, strength and beauty it provided yesterday. 
Like the sun, mother's provide warmth, strength and beauty into each one of our lives. I unfortunately lost my mother over 20 years ago, but feel fortunate every day in remembering the warmth and strength she provided every day she was here with me. And as an adult, surrounded by many other mothers in my life (who show that same love), can't help but think what a beautiful person she was. 
Thank you to all of the mothers who provide warmth and strength not only to their very own children, but to people like me, who appreciate the love and support that you provide so natural to your existence. You know who you are. 
Happy Mother's Day. 
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

2 comments:

blwagers May 9, 2010 at 7:11 PM  

Sarah
What an amazing photo and story to go with it. Thank you for your strength and support. I am blessed to have a friend like you!

Stine May 9, 2010 at 7:12 PM  

Thank you for those beautiful words.... I too am thankful for all the "moms" in my life and for my sisters who love and support me always and most importantly- unconditionally!

Labels

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP